There are a lot of tourist attractions and things to do in Dallas, Texas to make a memorable trip and get to know the city at the same time. The variety of things to do starts with great shopping and museums that all large cities have to offer. Your trip to Dallas can be full of endless activities and events and several sites that are worthwhile seeing to make your trip a great one.
Best Things to Do in Dallas Texas
* Sixth Floor Museum & JFK Memorial: Of all the tourist attractions in Dallas this museum is the most famous. The Sixth Floor Museum celebrates the life of President John F. Kennedy. It is located in the sixth floor of what used to be the Texas School Book Depository. While you give the museum a visit, you may as well cross two things to do in Dallas attractions off the list at once by paying a visit to the JFK Memorial. You’ll get a great sense of the history not just of the life but of course also of the tragic death of President Kennedy.
Walk through the corridors of the Galleria or North Park malls in Dallas and pay close attention to the left hands of the women passing by. The Metroplex is second to none when it comes ladies who appreciate large diamonds. Dallas socialites and soccer moms alike seem to take a sense of pride in impinging passing retinas with the “bling” emanating off their ring fingers.
But what happens when the commitment of the gift’s recipient to keep the diamond is not forever? National divorce rates are hovering around 50%, with the Dallas Metroplex setting the pace. This means that about half of the engagements signified by a diamond ring have dissolved. Also consider that in today’s slowing U.S. economy more and more people are being forced to sell luxury assets like diamonds to pay the increased prices for necessities like gas, mortgages, and food.
* Frontiers of Flight Museum: This is a very unique museum that will provide fun for the whole family. There are all kinds of artifacts, special displays and exhibits and many full-size, real aircraft of various specifications. This includes both planes of all shapes, functions and technological levels, as well as spacecraft vehicles.
* Shopping at the Galleria: Many of the biggest stars in the country take frequent trips to the Galleria, which houses some great shops and stores. Whether you are looking for a new piece of clothing or gadget, or simply want to hang out and wait for your chance to see a possibly famous passerby, the Galleria is among the fun things to do in Dallas during an afternoon.
* The New Cowboys Stadium: The new Dallas Cowboys stadium is a monument to everything that is sports, and specifically football in Texas. That means that grandeur is the word of the day, and the billion dollar stadium will make quite a site. Take a trip and a quick tour around the facility, or if possible check out a game or another event.
* Sculpture Center and Art: The Sculpture Center has over 300 sculptures, and is certainly one of the top tourist attractions in Dallas, Texas. Some will leave catch you with their beauty and others will leave you guessing. Additionally, there is a wide variety of other public art exhibits throughout downtown Dallas. Just walking around you are bound to find something interesting, such as Fountain Place, with hundreds of amazing fountains.
As you can see, there are all kinds of things to do at the tourist attractions in Dallas, Texas. Whether you are going on a family trip, need to kill some time on a business trip or are just trying to get away for a few days, you can take advantage of any or all of these things to help round out your schedule.